Handle retail and wholesale parts needs at the counter for internal and outside demands, including telephone inquiries and requests. Priority will be given to internal needs.
- Greet Customers Promptly and Courteously.
- Handle customer request promptly and make sure of proper parts selection.
- Recommend related parts while customer is at counter as appropriate.
- Deliver part to customer at counter.
- Maintain a customer back-order file.
- Advise customer or Service Advisor on receipt of back-ordered parts.
- Tag and maintain inventory of warranty parts to be held for scrapping.
- Develop a strong relationship with all customers through excellent communications.
- Conduct self and dress in a manner that brings credit to the dealership and is befitting to customer contact requirements.
- Interact with technicians positively and in a helpful manner.
- Complete all paperwork accurately and on time.
- Be knowledgeable of parts automation requirements.
- Accurately handle costing of parts on repair orders as appropriate.
- Accurately handle paperwork required for parts scrapping, as appropriate.
- Maintain and use an up-to-date catalog and price book.
- Accurately complete entry and relief of sales from inventory.
- Check invoices against stock received as instructed by Parts Manager.
- Assist with annual inventory as instructed.
- Maintain and update bin labels as required or appropriate.
- Assure proper storage of all newly received parts.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Handle special orders of special items and follow through with notification to owners.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Help maintain parts stock in an orderly condition.
- Return parts to proper location.
■ Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance.
■ Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
■ Two years of experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice in an automobile dealership or aftermarket automotive parts stores
■ Manual dexterity.
■ Good judgment.