TITLE: Amphicar Captain
REPORTS TO: Watersports Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Amphicar Captain must be able to demonstrate superior guest service and entertainment while touring guests in an original Amphibious Car, “Amphicar.” The Captain must also learn the history of Amphicars and antique Dream Boats displayed on dock, understand the safety procedures needed for guiding Amphicars during a 25 minute tour and keep up the appearance of Amphicars and Dream Boats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must successfully assess and pass the Florida Boating Safety Course examination.
- Navigate open waterways while operating a manual stick shift vehicle.
- Ensure the safety of passengers while providing exceptional guest experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of open communication with passengers.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of cars and docked boats.
- Must effectively utilize radio communication to relay location and pertinent information.
- Understand emergency procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Must have at least one year boating experience with a valid boating license.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission.
- Valid driver’s license with no traffic violations in the last year.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at several organizational levels.