Mechanic - Trailer Technician Level A
Job Title: Trailer Technician Level A
Department: Repair Shop
Reports to: Trailer Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Pay Level: 7
Salary Range: $27,600 - $41,400
Troubleshoot Repair, and Maintain Trailers and other company equipment as needed.
Key Performance Indicator: Technician Productivity
- Use OEM software to efficiently troubleshoot and repair fleet equipment.
- Complete paperwork accurately to account for all time and materials used to make necessary repairs to company equipment.
- Tag and systematically store removed parts determined to be warranty items.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements.
- Keep shop clean and orderly to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Use care in regard to shop tools and equipment.
- Immediately ensure units in shop being worked on are in S status and removed from S status upon completion so unit can be dispatched as soon as available.
Education: High School or GED
Experience: At least 5 years in semi-trailer fleet repair.
Skills/ Abilities: Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions. Must be able to lift weights up but limited to 100 lbs.
$15,000 Employer paid life insurance
60 Day waiting period
65% Employer contribution to lowest medical EE premium
Additional supplemental benefits are employee paid
1 year waiting period - Safe Harbor 401k with up to 4% employer contribution