The Technician Trainee will be responsible to successfully complete a comprehensive 90 day hands on training program.
You will be taught all procedures and processes that our OEM Dealers require.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Include learning the following:
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount.
- Inspect fluid levels of steering gear, power steering reservoir, transmission, differential, rear axle housings, and shackles.
- Check air pressure of tires.
- Lubricate moving parts, with specified lubricants.
- Inject grease into units, such as springs, universal joints and steering knuckles, using hand or compressed-air powered grease gun when available.
- Add water to radiator and battery.
- Replace oil and filters.
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs needed.
- Completes thorough MPI inspection and record findings to service advisor.
- Requires walking or standing for an extended period of time.
- Successfully complete an accredited technical automotive training program
- Valid driver’s licenses
- Two years of experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice in automotive aftermarket business.
- Manual dexterity.
- Good judgement.