The Upholstery Assembler prepares assembled upholstery parts, then tacks or attaches the vinyl coverings onto the proper parts before being installed in our award-winning boats. They are responsible for assembling marine seating interiors, wrapping foam cushioning with hand sewn vinyl skins, stapling around edges of skins after applying to frame, installation of bolts, and aligning seams and seating features. They then inspect the frame, cover, and sewn parts to ensure the product meets or exceeds quality standards.
The hours for this position are 5:30am – 4:00pm, Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly (Non-Exempt) position, with an entry level rate of pay starting between $13 - $15 per hour depending upon experience. Overtime may be required at times based on the needs of the business. There is an opportunity to earn a performance increase after 90 days of employment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Individuals who have prior experience working with upholstery (boats, furniture, automobiles), or construction, cabinetry or carpentry preferred.
- Experience using hand tools such as knives, razors, drills, scissors, tape measures, and heat guns.
- Experience with pneumatic (air power) tools such as staple or nail guns.
- Attention to detail and good hand-eye coordination, ability to recognize different styles of upholstery materials and know which techniques are used on each style.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. Manufacturing floor is in an A/C controlled environment.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Individuals are required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must wear safety glasses while working.
- Must be able to manipulate and assemble with both hands.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success.
- Nautique values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world.
- On-going, on-the-job training.
- Competitive benefits that include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plans
More searches like this
- Automotive Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Construction Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Entertainment / Leisure Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Manufacturing Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Sports Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando