Fiberglass, Tooling and Mold Technician
The Fiberglass, Tooling and Mold Technician plays a crucial part in the production of our world class quality boats. They are responsible for sanding molds and applying wax in between pulls as well as doing any necessary patching and repair work. They are responsible for receiving and prepping molds for gelcoat applications. This person is required to buff, smooth and wax large parts of boats and making sure the mold is ready to move onto production. They will also be involved in the construction of new molds for the production line. This individual works with hand and small power tools (grinders, sanders, buffers, drills, application tools) and must have a good eye for detail. They are responsible for inspecting all parts, to ensure they are complete and up to quality standards. This position requires working closely with a team in a manufacturing environment while wearing a PPE, including a respirator, as they will be working directly with fiberglass, resin, and gel coat.
The hours for this position are 5:30am – 4:00pm, Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly (Non-Exempt) position, with an entry level rate of pay of $13 - $20 per hour, depending upon experience. Overtime may be required at times based on the needs of the business. There is an opportunity to earn a performance increase after 90 days of employment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Prior experience working with fiberglass molds or autobody repair is a plus.
- Must be familiar with gelcoat spraying, the lamination process, and bondo applications.
- A working concept of prototypes is preferred.
- Experience using hand and small power tools such as sanders, buffers, and application tools.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to use precision while working with hand tools.
- Must be organized and able to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be able to perform tasks under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Individuals are required to stand, bend, squat, and climb for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear a PPE, including a respirator.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment that is non-climate controlled.
- Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success.
- Nautique values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world.
- On-going, on-the-job training.
- Competitive benefits that include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plans
Apply for Fiberglass, Tooling and Mold Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Automotive Warehouse $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Construction Warehouse $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Entertainment / Leisure Warehouse $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Manufacturing Warehouse $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Sports Warehouse $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando