Service Advisors help automotive owners care for their cars and understand the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with factory guidelines. The Service Advisor establishes a critical and ongoing relationship with owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Greet customers, obtain customer and vehicle data
- Determine nature of desired service and/or complaint. Promote the sales of labor, parts, and accessories without losing sight of the fact that you are an advisor to the customer.
- Write or type clear and precise repair instructions on the repair order for the technician
- Provide estimate for labor and parts.
- Communicate with dispatch to determine status of jobs throughout the day.
- Telephone or text customer when job is finished and discuss with him/her what was done.
- Cooperate with all other dealership personnel necessary to guarantee quality service.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to get approval in advance of repairs and take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment.
- Be knowledgeable of the products we sell and the various warranties on them.
- Satisfy customer’s immediate service needs, use low key, high integrity methods to present additional needed services.
- Meet or exceed the sales quotas set by management.
- Test drive vehicles that have to be driven to be sure technician has fixed problems with the vehicles. Quality control checks substantially reduce the amount of comebacks and increase our level of customer satisfaction.
- Never lose sight of your ultimate goal: To get the car fixed right the first time.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Two years’ experience in an automobile dealership or independent repair facility.
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
- Professional appearance and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.