Christian HELP's desire is to show each individual that we interact with the love of Christ and hope for the future.
Our services include preparing all our clients for their employment needs, providing their family groceries, and giving them the resources and spiritual support they need.
Our work goes beyond just the delivery of services. We care about people and see all our work as ministry.
Our mission is to prevent homelessness. Our method empowers family independence.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Drive company panel van or box truck to conduct grocery store pickups of various products, delivering them back to Christian HELP headquarters in order to be distributed to thousands of families in need, every year. Share in the responsibility of food storage upon delivery as needed and provide delivery of equipment to events occasionally.
High School diploma.
2 years’ driving experience.
Clean driving record.
Able to load and unload 50lb. boxes repeatedly.
Hard working, highly dependable, trustworthy, with the desire to be helpful. Must have the ability to keep composure under pressure, using caution and operating vehicles in a responsible manner at all times. Must keep accurate records of vehicle usage and follows safety and cleanliness protocols. Takes initiative to build relationships with store managers and department heads, reporting any concerns regarding vehicles or relationships to supervisor. Uses good judgement within established guidelines while working with a minimal amount of supervision. Treats all persons with dignity and respect while representing the Agency/Ministry well.
- 2 year’s driving experience and clean driving record: Operate a company vehicle with the utmost care and have experience doing so.
- Lifting, loading and unloading: Ability to load 40 – 50lb. boxes into and off of the company truck on a regular basis is necessary.
- Organization: Maintain good records and an organized flow of information and communicate such in a timely fashion.
- Service Orientation: Actively looks for ways to be helpful.
- Highly Dependable and Trustworthy: Gives full attention to the task at hand, can be counted on to perform duties as expected, being faithful to adhere to schedule, cares about the work.
- Careful and Responsible: Is mindful of people and traffic around them and does not react impulsively or aggressively. Needs little supervision.
M – W – F, 9:30a.m. – 12:30p.m. with opportunity for additional hours if flexible, up to 16 total a week.
Cover letter required with submission.
If hired, a uniform shirt will be required and provided to be worn with casual slacks or jeans and closed toe shoes.
Apply for Part-Time Driver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly