Tire Sales & Installation TM (PT-20) Job
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
TIRE SALES AND INSTALLATION TEAM MEMBER
Responsible for assisting members in the selection and purchase of tires, properly installing and repairing tires, completing necessary tire bay documentation, and maintaining tire bay policies and procedures.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Properly installs tires, including mounting, dismounting, rotating and balancing tires. Repairs tires when necessary.
- Complies with safety and cleanliness standards and properly utilizes tire bay equipment.
- Assists members in the selection and purchase of tires including verifying the sizes for vehicles.
- Fills propane tanks as needed if certified per DOT requirements.
- Maintains a clean and professional tire bay and waiting area.
- Provides knowledgeable service to members at the tire desk.
- Understands and appropriately utilizes available special order tire programs.
- Ensures that all tire bay scheduling data and documentation is completed for sales and service orders.
- Merchandises tire displays and automotive products.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Basic computer skills or a willingness to learn basic computer skills required.
- Prior tire installation experience preferred.
- Must pass Michelin training levels one through four within three months of hire.
- Ability to lift over 30 pounds with assistance.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about continuously on hard surfaces. Frequent need to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, push, pull, reach, move side to side, stoop, and climb ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually perform job surrounded by moving cars, machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to company approved chemicals and cleaning agents, and strong smells.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.