Amphicar (Amphibius Car) Mechanic
The Amphicar mechanic is responsible for conducting routine maintenance work to insure vehicle functionality and longevity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts)
- Assist in the troubleshooting of vehicle engine, mechanical component, and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Must successfully assess and pass the Florida Boating Safety Course examination.
- Navigate open waterways while operating a manual stick shift vehicle.
- May perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mechanics are required to work shifts outside, in changing temperatures.
Mechanics are required to work a flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Technical School Training or relevant field preferred. Must be able to operate a manual transmission. Valid driver’s license with no traffic violations in the last year.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make timely and sound decisions. Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at several organizational levels. Conscientious with great attention to detail