Assist provider through greeting, registering and directing patients. Perform a variety of administrative functions that ensure charges are collected, posted and charged as necessary.
- Greet and register patients
- Schedule return appointments and maintain patient chart
- Collect co-pays and deductibles
- Prepare daily balance sheets
- Review and edit daily bank deposits and deposit report
- Preparation of daily cashiers report
- Post daily charges to patient accounts
- Enter daily charge data and balance daily transactions
- Enter/update patient demographic data
- Distribute work and school excuses to patient as needed
- Track " no show" appointments
- Schedule initial appointments
- Verify insurance benefits/eligibility and document in the computer system
- Verify/obtain referral numbers or authorizations for upcoming appointments
- Scan scripts and reports to EMR file
- Print off new scripts and providers schedules at the beginning of the day
- Answer telephone
- Send reports to appropriate clinical personnel or office management.
- Add notes to appointment to help keep providers informed
Experience: Basic computer skills required. One year experience working in a medical office setting preferred. Knowledge of AthenaNet and medical terminology preferred.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have a valid drivers license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Travel required
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.